• Founded in 1920 when Marie Chartogne married Etinne Taillet. Since 2006, the estate has been run by Alexandre Chartogne.
• Today Chartogne-Taillet is the only Growers in the village. The first document showing vinegrowing activity by the Taillet family in the village of Merfy dates from 1683.
• In Merfy, unusually, clay and sand are over the chalk.
• The oldest vines are over 55 years and ungrafted
• Each parcel is vinified separately, and fermentation is largely in stainless steel tanks, although an increasing number to wines are being made in secondhand barriques. No malolactic, no fining, no filtration.