• This wine is the second wine of Castello di Fonterutoli Chianti Classico Gran Selezione.
• From the 1100 year old hamlet of Fonterutoli, owned by the Marchesi Mazzei family, this winery is regarded as, not just the #1 estate of Chianti Classico, but all of Tuscany, according to Vini d’Italia, the definitive guide to Italian wine.
• It is vinified from 120 different vineyard parcels across elevations from 250-600 m. above sea level and different Terroirs, employing all 37 clones of Sangiovese.
• A purpose built winery, cut from a natural cave, gives natural humidity to the 120 different tanks, of different sizes, that allows each of the parcels to be vinified separately.
• 14th Century ancestor, Ser Lapo Mazzei, was the author of this first official document mentioning ‘Chianti Wine’, when he was the Mayor of Florence. The deed dated December 16th 1398 is reproduced in another wine from their stable as an ode to him.